- Self-esteem empowers self-determination
- Change is normal healthy and manageable
- Sexual activity has emotional and physical risks
- Sexual intercourse is an adult behaviour
- Monogamy is the ‘safest sex’
- Development of self-worth and personal values
- Appreciation of the amazing process of human reproduction
- Preparation for the coming changes associated with puberty
- Awareness of the impacts of casual sexual activity
- Confidence in the physical and emotional safety of monogamy
- Conception and fetal development – Narratable fast forward video depiction (12wk fetal models available)
- Human biology at the cellular level – Cells, chromosomes, genes, DNA.
- Uniqueness – The necessary alignments and the odds associated with our own conception.
- Genetic characteristics that make us special – Avoiding peer pressure to conform – Dress up activity.
- Reproductive organs and their function (lifesize 3D models available) – The reproductive act explained.
- Physical and emotional changes associated with puberty – Interactive card game.
- Students’ key life goals shared – Casual sex and the life impacts of unplanned pregnancy.
- The physical risks of STIs and how they are transmitted.
- The coming transition into young adulthood recognised and celebrated – ‘Rite of Passage’ wristband craft.
- Reminder of having a unique and unrepeatable identity – ID card activity